REGISTER FOR BLOG
A SMART PROCESS FOR MAKING IRREVERSIBLE DECISIONS
GETTING CLARITY AT CRITICAL MOMENTS
What Is This Service?
Our Strategic Decision Making service empowers leaders of mid-size professional service firms to make crucial decisions with confidence and never look back. This service cuts through the clutter of non-essential input points and brings clarity to what can otherwise be a chaotic process. Our approach helps you determine what decisions need to be made, why they need to be made and how best to make them.
Leaders of mid-size service firms are nearly always long-term stakeholders in their firms. They have a vested interest in seeing the firm do well. Some leaders are also firm owners whose personal net worth is largely tied to the firm. If these leaders make the wrong decisions, they suffer. But their staff, often people they care about a great deal, also suffer. The stakes are incredibly high.
But making decisions is never easy. This is especially true for service leaders who have formal training in disciplines such as law, medicine, economics, engineering, accounting, coaching or other disciplines, but usually not in entrepreneurship. These people are well-equipped to guide their clients in making tough decisions, even life-altering decisions. But when the time comes for them to make a decision about their future and the future of their firm, those moments can be incredibly stressful.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SERVICE:
GET CLARITY AND AVOID REGRETS WHEN MAKING LIFE-CHANGING DECISIONS.
When leaders encounter these moments, usually it is because of a challenge or an opportunity. Sometimes these two are indistinguishable. Not all decisions are of the same complexity, importance or risk-level. When you face the big decision, the ones from which there is no turning back, you need a formal process and a partner to help you make those decisions. Here are some examples:
- Should you start another business?
- Should you merge with another firm?
- Should you acquire another firm?
- Market headwinds have shifted, so what do you do now?
- When and how do you exit the business?
- When and how do you bring in new leaders?
- Do you expand by service line or geography or both?
- Should you launch a large and expensive new service line?
Far too many service firm leaders make decisions after contemplating their options and then going with their gut. There is a much better way that reduces risks, increases clarity and improves your outcomes.
Our Strategic Decision Making service brings a formal process to your decisions. This approach removes blind-spots, gets input from all necessary sources and allows you to proceed with confidence and without second-guessing yourself. That means later on, no matter what happens, you have no regrets.
Who Needs This Service?
Professional service firms who:
- Need to make crucial and life-altering decisions from which there is no return.
- Want a partner to help them navigate the process.
- Have made decisions before that they regret and don’t want to repeat past mistakes.
- Need a formal process for making decisions that is methodical and analytical.
- Want to realize better outcomes from these decisions.
- Desire to remove blind-spots that they know they cannot see today.
To learn more about how we deliver this service, please click on Our Approach above.