REGISTER FOR BLOG
CONNECT WITH IDEAL PROSPECTS FASTER
GETTING PAST THE FILTERS THAT BLOCK TRUST
What Is This Service?
Our Storytelling service empowers mid-size professional service firms to connect with ideal organic prospects faster and more effectively. Most service buyers make decisions based on emotion and use logic to justify their decision. But most service organizations use logic to appeal to decision-makers. This is backwards and ineffective. Our storytelling service helps fix this problem.
We show you what stories to tell, how to tell them, when to tell them and in what format to tell them. This helps you bypass the BS filters that are so finely tuned today for service buyers. Most prospective service buyers discount out of hand any claim a service organization makes about their firm. Prospects have heard so many pitches that they just don’t believe them.
But when a service organizations tells a story, particularly a story that clearly expresses their core WHY – why you are in business, why you do what you do, why you love it – prospects cannot resist this. We help you develop the stories you need to tell and train your people in how to tell the stories. We also deliver the stories in digital format on your website and other parts of your digital ecosystem.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SERVICE:
MOST PROSPECTS MAKE DECISIONS BASED ON EMOTION AND USE LOGIC TO JUSTIFY IT.
The 7 Core Stories
At The Shattuck Group, we believe there are 7 core stories that mid-size service firms should tell:
- The founder’s story – who founded the firm and why did they do that?
- The personal story of senior executives – why do they do what they do?
- The company’s story from a critical moment in time – what experience shaped your firm’s core values?
- Why your company does what it does – usually told from the vantage point of a client who had a great outcome as result of your services.
- How clients benefit from your services – most commonly told as testimonials and case studies.
- The historical story – for firms who have been in business for more than 20 years.
- The “morality tale” story – what can happen if people do or do not follow your counsel?
Each of these stories require nuance and sophistication to develop and tell effectively. Some of these stories will only be told in person while others, such company stories and client testimonials, should be told primarily online on your website. We have a defined process for building these stories and coaching your executives in how to tell them to their greatest impact.
To learn more about how we deliver this service, please click on Our Approach above.